Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Reading Response: Non Fiction Article 3/7/13


Reading The Non Fiction Article: Viruses Can Have Immune Systems: A Pirate Phage Commanders the Immune System of Bacteria, taught me a lot about how bacteria can take over the host. Also in the article the pirate phage used the stolen immune system to disable and eventually overcome, meaning to later on take over. The cholera bacteria’s defense system is against the pirate phages. In which the phages kill the cholera bacteria.

Studies shown that the study has dramatic effects for phage therapy which ion this case means the use of phages to cure bacterial diseases. Until now scientist still think that phages only exist only as original particles of RNA and DNA and lacked the difficulty of the given adaptive immune system.  Phages are known as viruses that target on specific type of bacteria.

Basically what this article means is that viruses can have Immune systems, which is pirate commanders. The only problem I really had was retaining the information given; I had to constantly keep going back to the article to re read what I had just read. Also I didn’t really understand what the article was trying to prove. But I also felt like this article aught a lot about what the main and central idea was.

No comments:

Post a Comment